About browser hijackers
Search.obtenezemail.com will modify your browser’s settings which is why it is considered to be a hijacker. The threat was possibly adjoined to a free software as an additional offer, and because you didn’t uncheck it, it was allowed to install. It is important that you are careful during application installation because if you are not, you won’t be able to avoid these types of infections. This is not a severe threat but because of its unwanted behavior, you’ll want it gone right away. Your browser’s home website and new tabs will be changed, and a different site will load instead of your usual page. Your search engine will also be modified, and it could be capable of inserting sponsored links among the legitimate results. You are redirected so that the owners of those web pages can make profit from traffic and adverts. Not all of those redirects will lead to secure sites, so be careful of malicious program. Malicious programs is a much more severe threat and it could cause more dire consequences. In order for people to find them useful, browser hijackers try to seem very helpful but the reality is, you can easily replace them with proper extensions which wouldn’t reroute you. You should also know that some hijackers can track user behavior and collect certain data in order to know what you are more likely to press on. The information could also be shared with third-parties. All of this is why you are recommended to remove Search.obtenezemail.com.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.obtenezemail.com
What do I need to know about these infections
You possibly ran into the redirect virus unintentionally, during freeware installation. Since these are rather invasive and irritating infections, we very much doubt you got it knowing what it is. This method is effective because people are negligent, do not read the data given and are generally careless during program installation. To block their installation, they have to be unmarked, but since they’re hiding, you may not notice them by rushing the process. Default mode will hide the offers, and by opting for them, you could be risking installing all types of unnecessary infections. Make sure you always select Advanced or Custom mode, as the offers will be visible only there. Deselecting all the offers would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unwanted installations. You ought to only continue with the application installation after you have deselected everything. Dealing with these infections could be troublesome so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort if you initially prevented them. In addition, be more careful about where you get your programs from as questionable sources can bring a lot of trouble.
Browser hijacker infections are seen at once, even by non computer-savvy users. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine would be set to a different website without your explicit authorization, and that’s very difficult to miss. Well-known browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will probably be affected. And until you remove Search.obtenezemail.com from the operating system, you will have to deal with the web page loading every time your browser is launched. Attempting to alter the settings back would a waste of time because the hijacker will alter them again. There is also a possibility changes would also be made to your default search engine, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar, results would be generated from the hijacker’s set search engine. It’s probable you’ll see search results containing advertisement content, since the infection is aiming to redirect you. Hijackers are sometimes implemented by page owners to boost traffic and make more money, which is why reroutes are occurring. More traffic helps web pages as more users are likely to interact with the ads. They sometimes have little to do with what you were searching for, so you gain little from those sites. In certain cases, they could appear legitimate, so for example if you were to inquire about ‘computer’, results with suspicious hyperlinks might come up but you would not notice initially. When you are redirected, you may end up with an infection because those websites could be malware-ridden. In addition, the redirect virus could also be keeping an eye on how you browse the Internet and gathering certain type of information about you. More customized advertisements may be made using the gathered info, if third-parties gain access to it. The information may also be used by the hijacker for the purposes of personalizing sponsored content to make it more suitable to you. We suggest you to terminate Search.obtenezemail.com as it will do more damage than good. After you successfully get rid of it, you need to be permitted to alter the browser’s settings back to usual.
Ways to remove Search.obtenezemail.com
Since you now are aware of what kind of infection you have to deal with, you may proceed to eliminate Search.obtenezemail.com. While there are two ways to dispose of the redirect virus, manual and automatic, opt for the one based on your knowledge about computers. Keep in mind that you’ll have to locate the browser hijacker yourself if you choose the former method. While it’s not hard to do, it might take a bit of time, but below this report you will find instructions to help you. They should help you take care of the infection, so make sure you follow them accordingly. But, if you do not have much experience when it comes to computers, you might find it difficult. You may download anti-spyware software and have it discard the threat for you. Anti-spyware software will identify the threat and have no problems dealing with it. You can now try to modify browser’s settings, if you are successful, it means you terminated the infection. If they modify back to show the hijacker’s web page, you must have missed something and the reroute virus still remains. Now that you have realized how annoying reroute virus can be, try to block them. Good tech habits can go a long way towards keeping your computer out of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove Search.obtenezemail.com
Learn how to remove Search.obtenezemail.com from your computer
- Step 1. Manual Search.obtenezemail.com Removal Guide
- Step 2. Eliminate Search.obtenezemail.com from browsers
Step 1. Manual Search.obtenezemail.com Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove Search.obtenezemail.com from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find Search.obtenezemail.com and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate Search.obtenezemail.com from browsers
a) Delete Search.obtenezemail.com from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Search.obtenezemail.com
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Search.obtenezemail.com from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Search.obtenezemail.com and set a new search engine
c) Search.obtenezemail.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Search.obtenezemail.com and set a new provider
d) Remove Search.obtenezemail.com from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.