Rapid-find.net browser hijacker could be to blame for the modified browser’s settings, and it could have infected your machine together with freeware. You must have installed some kind of freeware recently, and it likely had the hijacker attached to it. Similar threats are why you ought to pay attention to how you install programs. While redirect viruses aren’t high-level infections but their actions are quite questionable. Your browser’s home website and new tabs will be set to load the browser hijacker’s advertised site instead of your normal website. It will modify your search engine, which could be able to inject sponsored content among the legitimate results. Hijackers aim to reroute users to sponsored websites in order to boost traffic for them, which allows their owners to earn profit from advertisements. Do bear in mind that redirects might redirect to contaminated pages, which could result in serious threat. And a serious malicious program infection could cause much more harm. In order for people to see them as beneficial, browser hijackers try to seem very beneficial but the reality is, they are replaceable with proper plug-ins which wouldn’t reroute you. Something else you should be aware of is that some browser hijackers will track your behavior and gather certain information to know what you are more likely to click on. Furthermore, unrelated third-parties may be granted access to that information. If you want to prevent undesirable outcomes, you should take the time to eliminate Rapid-find.net.
Download Removal Toolto remove Rapid-find.net
What does it do
The most likely way you got it was via free application installation. We doubt that you obtained it in any other way, as no one would install them willingly. If people started paying closer attention to how they install programs, these infections would not spread so much. The items are hiding and by rushing you loose all chance of seeing them, and you not noticing them means they’ll be allowed to install. Don’t decide Default mode since they will not display anything. Choose Advanced (Custom) mode during installation, and you’ll see the attached items. Unmarking all the items would be the best choice, unless you want to have to deal with unwanted installations. All you have to do is unmark the items, and you can then continue installing the freeware. Having to deal with these infections can be annoying so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort if you initially prevented them. You also need to stop downloading from questionable pages, and instead, opt for official/legitimate pages/stores.
Redirect virus infections are very noticeable, even by non computer-savvy people. Without your explicit authorization, it will alter your browser’s settings, setting your home web page, new tabs and search engine to a site its promoting. Main browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will probably be affected. And until you uninstall Rapid-find.net from the machine, the site will load every time your browser is opened. Do not waste time attempting to modify the settings back as the browser hijacker will merely overrule your changes. If the browser hijacker also sets a different search engine for you, every time you do a search via browser’s address bar or the presented search box, you’d get dubious results. You may encounter sponsored content in the results, since the infection is aiming to redirect you. The browser redirects will reroute you because they intend to help site owners make more profit from increased traffic. Owners will be able to earn more income when there is more traffic since more users are likely to interact with advertisements. You will realize when you enter such pages immediately because they obviously have little to do with search query. There will be cases, however, where they may appear real initially, if you were to search ‘virus’, pages endorsing fake anti-virus might come up, and they could seem real at first. When you are redirected, you may end up with an infection because those websites could be malicious software-ridden. It’s probable the browser redirect will also monitor your Internet activity, aiming to acquire information about what you would be interested in. Browser hijackers also share the info with unknown parties, and it is used to create more user relevant adverts. The information is also possibly used by the hijacker to create content that you’re more inclined to press on. It’s strongly encouraged that you uninstall Rapid-find.net, for all the above mentioned reasons. After you successfully get rid of it, you should be able to alter the browser’s settings back to normal.
It’s not the most severe infection you could obtain, but it might still bring about trouble, so eliminate Rapid-find.net and you should be able to restore everything back to usual. Depending on how much knowledge you have about computers, you can pick from by hand and automatic methods to cleanse the browser hijacker from your device. If you have experience with terminating software, you can go with the former, as you’ll have to find the infection yourself. If you’ve never dealt with this type of thing before, we have put guidelines below this report to aid you, we can reassure you that the process should not be difficult, although it could take more time than you expect. If you follow them properly, you ought to not encounter problems. It shouldn’t be the first option for those who don’t have much experience with computers, however. The other option is to acquire spyware removal software and have it get rid of the threat for you. This type of software is designed with the intention of disposing of threats like this, so you should not run into any problems. You may make sure you were successful by modifying browser’s settings, if you are allowed to, the contamination is no longer present. If the website continues to load as your home website even after you’ve altered it, you didn’t terminate the threat entirely. Try to prevent not wanted programs from installing in the future, and that means you should be more attentive about how you install programs. In order to have a clean device, at least decent habits are a must.Download Removal Toolto remove Rapid-find.net
Learn how to remove Rapid-find.net from your computer
Step 1. Manual Rapid-find.net Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove Rapid-find.net from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find Rapid-find.net and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate Rapid-find.net from browsers
a) Delete Rapid-find.net from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Rapid-find.net
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Rapid-find.net from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Rapid-find.net and set a new search engine
c) Rapid-find.net removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Rapid-find.net and set a new provider
d) Remove Rapid-find.net from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.