About browser hijackers
Search-results.com will make alterations to your browser which is why it is thought to be a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers can sometimes be seen attached to freeware, and if they go unseen, they would install without the user actually seeing. If you wish to prevent these kinds of frustrating threats, be cautious about what kind of programs you install. Hijackers are not considered to be malicious but they do perform some suspicious activity. For one, they will make changes to your browser’s settings so that the pages they are promoting are set as your homepages and new tabs. Your search engine will also be altered, and it could insert sponsored links among the real results. You’ll be rerouted to advertisement pages since boosted traffic means more income for owners. It ought to be noted that if a redirect to a malicious web page occurs, you can easily get a severe infection. If you got your OS contaminated with malicious program, the situation would be much more dire. You may think browser redirects are handy plug-ins but you could find the same features in legitimate extensions, ones that will not redirect you to malicious sites. You won’t always be aware this but hijackers are following your browsing and gathering information so that more customized sponsored content could be made. Unrelated third-parties could also be able to access that data. And the sooner you remove Search-results.com, the better.
Download Removal Toolto remove Search-results.com
How does it behave
Freeware packages are possibly the most likely way you got the threat. We doubt that you got it in any other way, as no one would install them knowingly. If users started paying closer attention to how they install applications, these infections would not be allowed to spread so much. In order t0 prevent their installation, you need to unmark them, but because they are hidden, you might not notice them by hurrying the process. By opting Default mode, you might be permitting all types of unnecessary items to install, so it would be best if you don’t use them. Ensure you always choose Advanced or Custom mode, as only there will added offers not be concealed. Unchecking all the offers is recommended so as to stop the unfamiliar software. You should only continue installing the software after you deselect everything. Dealing with these threats can be troublesome so you would save yourself a lot of time and effort by initially preventing them. You should also start being attentive about where you get your applications from because untrustworthy sources boost your chances of getting an infection.
When a browser hijacker installs, it’s very evident. Alterations to your browser will be performed without consent, mainly you’ll have a new homepage/new tabs, and your search engine could also be different. It’s probable that it’ll affect all of the main browsers, like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The site will load every time you open your browser, and this will go on until you erase Search-results.com from your OS. The browser hijacker will keep nullifying the changes back so do not waste time attempting to change anything. It’s also likely that your search engine will be changed, which would mean that whenever you use the browser’s address bar, results would come not from your set search engine but from the one the hijacker is advertising. It might be inserting sponsored links into the results so that you are redirected. Hijackers will reroute to certain sites so that owners can make revenue. When there are more visitors to interact with adverts, owners are able to make more money. You will be able to tell the difference between those and valid web pages without trouble, primarily because they’ll not match your search query. There will be cases, however, where they might seem legitimate at first, if you were to search ‘virus’, sites advertising bogus anti-malware may come up, and they might seem legitimate initially. Some of those pages could even be malicious. Furthermore, the redirect virus may monitor your browsing and gather certain kind of information about you. More customized ads may be created using the acquired information, if it is shared with unfamiliar parties. If not, the browser hijacker may be using it to make more personalized sponsored results. We suggest you to uninstall Search-results.com as it pretty useless to you. Since there will be nothing stopping you, after you complete the process, make sure you alter your browser’s settings.
Ways to delete Search-results.com
It’s best to take care of the contamination the second you become aware of it, so eliminate Search-results.com. While there are two methods to get rid of the hijacker, manual and automatic, choose the one based on your experience with computers. Manual method includes you identifying the threat and taking care of it yourself. It isn’t difficult to do but it may take a bit of time, but guidelines to help you will be provided. They should help you take care of the contamination, so make sure you follow them accordingly. For those who don’t have much experience when it comes to computers, it may not be the most fitting option. The other option is to acquire spyware removal software and have it get rid of the threat for you. Spyware removal software will identify the infection and have no problems dealing with it. If your browser permits you to nullify the alterations, you have successfully gotten rid of the hijacker. If you are still stuck with the browser hijacker’s page, something must have slipped past you and it was able to recover. Try to stop unwanted software from installing in the future, and that means you should pay closer attention when installing programs. If you want to have an uncluttered system, you have to have good computer habits.Download Removal Toolto remove Search-results.com
Learn how to remove Search-results.com from your computer
Step 1. Manual Search-results.com Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove Search-results.com from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find Search-results.com and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate Search-results.com from browsers
a) Delete Search-results.com from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Search-results.com
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Search-results.com from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Search-results.com and set a new search engine
c) Search-results.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Search-results.com and set a new provider
d) Remove Search-results.com from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.