About this hijacker
Searchp.icu is one of those irritating hijacker infections that can invade a OS without the user realizing it. It happens because they are adjoined to free programs so that when users are installing that free programs, they unknowingly install the browser intruder as well. You are fortunate that the redirect virus isn’t a malicious virus and it will not damage your PC directly. Despite that, it ought to go. Unnecessary changes will be performed to your browser and you will be rerouted to weird page. Additionally it might be capable of redirecting you to malicious pages. Abolish Searchp.icu as it provides no valuable features and puts your operating system in unneeded danger.
Hijacker spread methods
The most possible way you obtained the infection is through free programs, as they are added as extra offers. It ought to be mentioned that those offers are not compulsory but most users set them up anyway and it is generally because Default mode is opted for when installing free applications. You will locate everything in Advanced (Custom) settings so if you want to bypass unwanted items, ensure that you pick those settings. pretty big amount of freeware travel with adjoined items, so always select Advanced to avoid unwanted installations. Those offers may not bring about any issues at all, but then they would not be so dishonest when attempting to get in. This is why you ought to erase Searchp.icu.
Why is Searchp.icu removal crucial
Upon arrival, the redirect virus will instantly modify your browser’s settings. Whenever your Internet browser is launched, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, it will load the redirect virus’s sponsored page instead of your familiar homepage. You may also understand is that changes are not changeable unless you first remove Searchp.icu. The set homepage looks rather simple, it will have a few ads flashing around and a search engine. The presented search engine might be embedding advertisement web pages into the search results. We must alert you that you could end up with some type of malicious applications if you get routed to dubious pages by the search engine. So if you want this not to happen, eradicate Searchp.icu from your operating system.
You might be able to take care of Searchp.icu removal manually, just take into consideration that you will need to discover the browser hijacker by yourself. If you are having issues, you can try reputable deletion software and it should be able to eradicate Searchp.icu. Whichever method you opt for, make sure that you delete the redirect virus completely.
Learn how to remove Searchp.icu from your computer
Step 1. Manual Searchp.icu Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove Searchp.icu from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find Searchp.icu and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate Searchp.icu from browsers
a) Delete Searchp.icu from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Searchp.icu
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Searchp.icu from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Searchp.icu and set a new search engine
c) Searchp.icu removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Searchp.icu and set a new provider
d) Remove Searchp.icu from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.