About this threat
Bankworm Virus is caused by an adware which was likely by accident installed onto the OS. These fake advertisements commonly want to trick users into dialing alleged tech-support who would try to get remote access to a device or sell worthless utilities or services. If an adware is behind these ads, they will be interfering with your browsing constantly. An adware is commonly installed during the freeware set up process. Just to be clear, the ads won’t harm your operating system so as long as you don’t dial the number, no damage will be done. The con artists on the other side of the phone would ask you to give remote access to your operating system, and then try to make you think that they have solved the problem (which doesn’t even exist in the first place), for which they would charge you a lot of money. Keep in mind that you should never grant remote access to your machine to unknown parties, particularly if you get their number via some ad that just popped up out of the blue in your browser. And when it comes to this warning, just ignore it, you’re machine isn’t in jeopardy, neither is your data. So as to make the ads go away, you must erase Bankworm Virus.
What does it do
An advertising-supported application is frequently found bundled with free programs. If some kind of item spreads along with the freeware, you need to deselect it, and Default settings will not authorize you to do that. Only Advanced (Custom) settings will authorize you to unmark something so choosing those settings is suggested. Advanced will show you the items, and you just have to deselect them. And if you think they might be useful, take into account that they didn’t intend to correctly disclose their installation, and you would have installed them by accident. If you wish to avoid having to remove Bankworm Virus and similar regularly, pay attention to how you install programs.
Whatever warning you are seeing on your screen, we can guarantee that it’s trying to make you believe that there is a severe problem on your device. You’re probably seeing a alleged malevolent software, licensing or computer issues, because scammers are not very original when it comes to schemes, and they’re all basically the same. Do not be surprised to see warnings about data loss or leaks because scare tactics are effective with less computer savvy people. The advertisements will allege that so as to resolve the mentioned issues and prevent data loss, you must dial the provided number, where con artists would mess with your PC and charge you a couple of hundred dollars for it. If you ever run into very authentic adverts, it is important to remember that real software or security companies will not ask you to contact them through some random phone number. So if you get an alert from Apple, Microsoft, or some other technology company, and are asked to call them, you’re being tricked. The people behind these scams would request to access your OS remotely, they would then attempt to repair problems that don’t actually exist and charge you a lot of money. While more computer experienced people will immediately know it is a scam, less computer savvy people might fall for them, which is why those scams are still around. It isn’t hard to imagine why some users may fall for these scams because if they are constantly popping up, they may appear pretty real. However, even if the alert appears fully real, you ought to still look into it using a dependable search engine. The first results will surely confirm it is a scam. Now that it has been confirmed to be a scam, you may ignore the alert without worrying about damage to your device, and can deal with the actual issue. If the warnings are showing up frequently, you will have to locate and delete Bankworm Virus adware.
Bankworm Virus uninstallation
Taking care of Bankworm Virus elimination should not be difficult, so it’s doubtful you will encounter issues. You can pick to either delete Bankworm Virus by hand or automatically. If you were to opt for the manual way, you can see instructions below to aid you. If you would rather eliminate Bankworm Virus automatically, download anti-spyware software. If the alerts no longer pop up, that means you were successful in getting rid of the threat.
Learn how to remove Bankworm Virus from your computer
Step 1. Manual Bankworm Virus Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove Bankworm Virus from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find Bankworm Virus and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate Bankworm Virus from browsers
a) Delete Bankworm Virus from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Bankworm Virus
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Bankworm Virus from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Bankworm Virus and set a new search engine
c) Bankworm Virus removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Bankworm Virus and set a new provider
d) Remove Bankworm Virus from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.
Download Removal Toolto remove Bankworm Virus