History Cleaner Extension Removal Tips (Uninstall History Cleaner Extension)
History Cleaner Extension is your common questionable browser add-on that is able to infect your OS. Invasion usually happens when you set up freeware in Default settings, and once it’s inside your system, your browser will have the extension added, and settings will be changed. The add-on will then start performing redirects and showing you more ads than you are used to. It does that to make revenue so it’s not beneficial to you.
These kinds of add-on are not capable of directly harming systems but that doesn’t mean they are completely safe. You could end up with a severe malicious program infection if you were rerouted to a unsafe portal. You are unnecessarily endangering your OS, so we encourage you to terminate History Cleaner Extension.
How did the add-on infect your OS
To put in simply, these types of plug-ins use free software to spread. Installation is also possible through browser stores or official pages so you may have willingly set it up. But generally, they are attached as optional items that, unless you uncheck them, will install automatically alongside. They do not even need to get your explicit authorization to install because when you use Default settings, you fundamentally allow them to install. Only in Advanced or Custom settings will you be be capable of checking if something was added, so always select those settings. If you see something added, you could stop their setup if you just untick the boxes next to the items. Your operating system may become exposed to all kinds of not wanted software when you irresponsible set up something, so always pay attention. We encourage you to remove History Cleaner Extension, as you probably didn’t even mean to install it.
Why delete History Cleaner Extension
No good things will come from you authorizing the extension to stay. The extension might attempt to redirect you, which is the whole reason why are designed. You will find that as soon as you authorize the add-on to enter, your browser’s settings will be adjusted and some weird portal will website to load instead of your regular home website. After the modifications are carried out, whether you are using Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, you will be redirected to that web page. And you might not be allowed to reverse the alterations unless you first uninstall History Cleaner Extension. Moreover, the add-on may adjoin unusual toolbars to your browser, and adverts might be bombarding your screen. While usually these plug-ins prefer Google Chrome, your might run into them on your other browsers too. Choosing to use the add-on could lead to you being exposed to dangerous content, which is why we don’t recommend using it. It ought to be said that those plug-ins may lead to a malware contamination, even though they aren’t classified as malevolent themselves. You should abolish History Cleaner Extension if you want to bypass more trouble.
History Cleaner Extension removal
There are two ways you can remove History Cleaner Extension, automatically or manually. It would be easiest if you acquired some anti-spyware tool and had it take care of History Cleaner Extension elimination. To entirely delete History Cleaner Extension manually, you would need to discover the plug-in yourself, which might take more time than first believed.
Learn how to remove History Cleaner Extension from your computer
- Step 1. Manual History Cleaner Extension Removal Guide
- Step 2. Eliminate History Cleaner Extension from browsers
Step 1. Manual History Cleaner Extension Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove History Cleaner Extension from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find History Cleaner Extension and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate History Cleaner Extension from browsers
a) Delete History Cleaner Extension from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate History Cleaner Extension
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove History Cleaner Extension from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase History Cleaner Extension and set a new search engine
c) History Cleaner Extension removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove History Cleaner Extension and set a new provider
d) Remove History Cleaner Extension from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.