About reroute viruses
Related.ai is a browser hijacker that probably invaded your machine when you were installing a free software. You must have installed some type of freeware recently, and it possibly had the hijacker added to it. If you do not want these types of threats to inhabit your machine, you need to pay attention to what you install. While redirect viruses aren’t harmful infections themselves, their behavior is pretty questionable. The hijacker will immediately alter your browser’s settings so that its advertised websites loads instead of your home web page and new tabs. Your search engine will also be altered, and it could be injecting sponsored content into search results. This is done so that the redirect virus could reroute you to advertisement sites, and the owners of those pages can make revenue from traffic and ads. It should be noted that if a redirect to a malicious website occurs, you could easily get a serious infection. And could bring about much more damage compared to this infection. In order for people to find them handy, hijackers try to seem very helpful but the reality is, they are replaceable with legitimate add-ons which would not reroute you. You’ll see more customized content appearing, and if you are wondering why, the browser redirect is tracking your browsing and gathering data about you. It would not be unusual if that information was sold to third-parties too. Therefore, eliminate Related.ai, before it can do any damage.
Download Removal Toolto remove Related.ai
What do I need to know about these threats
Free software packages is the likely way your OS got infected. It is not probable that you obtained it in any other way, as no one would install them willingly. This is an effective method because people are quite negligent when they install freeware, as in they rush and do not read the info that is given. You need to pay attention since items are concealed, and you not seeing them is like allowing their installation. Picking Default mode would be a mistake because they will not display anything. Instead, select Advanced or Custom settings since they will not only make attached offers visible but also provide an opportunity to deselect everything. Make sure you deselect all the items. Only continue installing the software after you have unchecked everything. Preventing the threat from the very beginning can can go a long way to save you a lot time because dealing with it later could be time-consuming and irritating. You’re also encouraged to not download from untrustworthy sources as they are a great method to spread malicious programs.
Browser hijacker infections are noticed right away, even by non computer-savvy users. Your browser’s settings will be altered, the hijacker setting its promoted site as your homepage, new tabs and search engine, and it’ll be done even without your explicit permission. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be included in the list of browsers affected. And unless you first erase Related.ai from the device, the web page will load every time you open your browser. And even if you try to reverse the settings back, the hijacker will just overrule them. If the hijacker also sets a weird search engine for you, every time you carry out a search through browser’s address bar or the provided search box, your results would be made by that engine. We think you’ll encounter search results containing advertisement content, since the threats’s major intention is to redirect you. These kinds of threats aim to boost traffic for certain pages so that more money from adverts is made. After all, more traffic means more users on advertisements, meaning more income. You’ll know when you visit such sites right away because they evidently have nothing to do with search query. Or they could seem valid, if you were to make an inquiry for ‘anti-malware’, it’s possible you might encounter results for pages endorsing shady anti-malware software, but seem to be legitimate at first. Take into account that hijackers could also redirect to infected web pages, where you could bump into a severe threat. Another thing you ought to know is that hijackers spy on you in order to get information about what you click on, what websites you enter, your search inquiries and so on. Some hijackers give access to the data to third-parties, and it is used to create more user relevant adverts. After a while, the sponsored content will become more customized, and that is because the browser hijacker is using the data acquired. Ensure you terminate Related.ai before more serious infections come your way. And after the process is finished, there should not be issues with changing browser’s settings.
If you wish for your Internet surfing to go back to usual, you’ll have to eliminate Related.ai, and the quicker you do it, the better. Elimination can be done in two ways, manually and automatically. Manual method means you’ll need to do everything yourself, including locating the infection. If you have never dealt with this kind of thing before, below this report you’ll see instructions to help you, while the process shouldn’t cause too much difficulty, it could take more time than you expect. The guidelines are presented in a understandable and accurate manner so there should not be issues. For those who have no experience when it comes to computers, it might not be the best option. In that case, acquire spyware elimination software, and have it dispose of the threat. Anti-spyware software is made for for eliminating these kinds of infections, so it should have no trouble dealing with it. If you can permanently modify browser’s settings back, the browser hijacker’s elimination process was successful, and it is not preset on your OS. If the website still loads as your home web page even after you’ve modified it, you did not terminate the threat fully. Now that you’ve experienced how irritating reroute virus can be, try to avoid them. Good computer habits can do a lot in keeping you out of trouble.Download Removal Toolto remove Related.ai
Learn how to remove Related.ai from your computer
Step 1. Manual Related.ai Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove Related.ai from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find Related.ai and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate Related.ai from browsers
a) Delete Related.ai from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Related.ai
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Related.ai from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Related.ai and set a new search engine
c) Related.ai removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Related.ai and set a new provider
d) Remove Related.ai from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.