About this threat
Startpage.pro is a browser hijacker categorized as a rather trivial contamination. Installation is for the most part accidental and the majority of users are unsure about how it happened. Attempt to recall whether you have recently set up some type of a free application, as browser hijackers generally use application packages to spread. It won’t directly harm your machine as it is not considered to be malware. Be aware, however, that you could be redirected to promoted websites, as the hijacker wants to make pay-per-click revenue. Reroute viruses do not make sure the web pages are safe so you can be led to one that would authorize malware to get into your PC. We don’t encourage keeping it as it will present no useful features. If you want to go back to normal browsing, you will need to eliminate Startpage.pro.
Download Removal Toolto remove Startpage.pro
How did the browser intruder enter my operating system
Free applications usually come with added items. Adware, browser hijackers and other possibly not wanted utilities might come as those additional offers. Those attached offers are hiding in Advanced or Custom settings so selecting those settings will assist in avoiding redirect virus and other unnecessary offers installations. If something has been added, you will be able to unmark it there. You will set them up automatically if you use Default mode as you will not be able to check for something adjoined, and that authorizes those items to install. Now that it’s clear how it invaded your PC, erase Startpage.pro.
Why should I abolish Startpage.pro?
Don’t be surprised to see your browser’s settings altered the moment it manages to installs your device. The site the hijacker is promoting will be set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It doesn’t really matter which browser you are using, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, because they will all have that portal loading. If you want to be able to undo the alterations, you will have to first eraseStartpage.pro. A search engine will be shown on your new homepage but we don’t suggest using it since sponsored results will be implanted into results, in order to reroute you. Browser intruders do this so as to make as much traffic as possible for those pages in order to gain revenue. The reroutes will be remarkably troublesome since you will end up on odd portals. Those redirects also pose a certain risk to you as they are not only aggravating but also somewhat harmful. Be cautious of damaging redirects since you might be led to a more severe threat. it does not belong on your computer.
How to uninstall Startpage.pro
In order to uninstall Startpage.pro, we encourage you use anti-spyware software. If you opt for manual Startpage.pro termination, you will have to find all related programs yourself. A guide will be supplied to help you delete Startpage.pro in case you struggle with locating it.Download Removal Toolto remove Startpage.pro
Learn how to remove Startpage.pro from your computer
Step 1. Manual Startpage.pro Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove Startpage.pro from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find Startpage.pro and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate Startpage.pro from browsers
a) Delete Startpage.pro from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Startpage.pro
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Startpage.pro from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Startpage.pro and set a new search engine
c) Startpage.pro removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Startpage.pro and set a new provider
d) Remove Startpage.pro from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.