StartPageing123 Virus Removal Tips (Uninstall StartPageing123 Virus)
StartPageing123 Virus is a dubious search engine and a browser hijacker. It is a very common computer infection that spreads through software bundles. Most users have ended up with at least one of these at some point because they were not aware of the fact that browser hijackers can be added to free software. If you did install StartPageing123 Virus, you do not need to worry too much. It is not a malicious computer virus so it will not harm your computer directly. However, you will soon notice that it does not belong on your system.
It will change browser’s settings without permission and try to redirect you to sponsored websites. It aims to generate traffic for those websites and uses you to do so. It is also worth mentioning that hijackers could possibly lead you to infected websites where you might pick up malware if you are not careful. The best course of action right now would be to delete StartPageing123 Virus.
Why should you uninstall StartPageing123 Virus?
As mentioned before, browser hijackers can be attached to free software and that allows them to install install alongside the software. There is a way to prevent this installation and that is to deselect the hijacker during the freeware installation. This can only be done in Advanced (Custom) settings. When you choose those settings, all you have to do is uncheck the boxes of the bundled items. You cannot do this Default settings so we suggest you refrain from using those settings. Unchecking an item will prevent it from installing, which means you will not need to remove StartPageing123 Virus or other hijackers later on.
Just like hundreds of other hijackers, StartPageing123 Virus will hijack your browser and change settings. Usually, browser hijackers can affect all leading browsers and that includes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Your homepage, new tabs and search engine will be changed to StartPageing123 Virus and the changes cannot be reverted unless you first delete StartPageing123 Virus. When you open your browser and get redirected to StartPageing123 Virus, you might not even think there is anything wrong. However, as soon as you use the search engine, it becomes clear that it aims to promote sponsored content. Your search results will be filled with advertisement websites and you might end up on all sorts of weird websites. You could even be led to a malicious one. If you do not want to potentially end up with malware at some point, you should make sure you delete StartPageing123 Virus.
How to terminate StartPageing123 Virus?
It is important that you remove StartPageing123 Virus fully so that it does not reappear again and again. In order to do so, we suggest you use a professional removal. It should be able to take care of StartPageing123 Virus removal. However, you can also erase StartPageing123 Virus manually, for which we will provide instructions.
Learn how to remove StartPageing123 Virus from your computer
- Step 1. Manual StartPageing123 Virus Removal Guide
- Step 2. Eliminate StartPageing123 Virus from browsers
Step 1. Manual StartPageing123 Virus Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove StartPageing123 Virus from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find StartPageing123 Virus and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate StartPageing123 Virus from browsers
a) Delete StartPageing123 Virus from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate StartPageing123 Virus
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove StartPageing123 Virus from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase StartPageing123 Virus and set a new search engine
c) StartPageing123 Virus removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove StartPageing123 Virus and set a new provider
d) Remove StartPageing123 Virus from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.