About this threat
TranslationBuddy is an questionable toolbar thought to be a potentially unnecessary application. Despite the fact that an unwanted toolbar will install without asking you, it’s not classified as a dangerous threat since it will not directly endanger your computer. A suspicious toolbar is capable of leading to a much more serious infection, even if it’s not harmful itself, so be vary. A suspicious toolbar spreads together with freeware packages, which means you have to unmark it during free application setup. The reason why your screen will be bombarded with advertisements is because an unwanted toolbar’s prime intention is to generate revenue. We highly recommend you abolish TranslationBuddy as quickly as possible, before it can bring about serious trouble.
Why do you have to delete TranslationBuddy?
The toolbar sets up via free program packages, which is why you might not have seen it. Many people make the mistake of opting for Default mode when installing free programs, which permits unnecessary installations. In order to avoid setting unneeded items, you need to pick Advanced or Custom settings during free application set up. Those settings will show you extra items, and if something is there, you will be able to uncheck it/them. Those extra items didn’t properly disclose their setup, thus ought to be prevented from setting up onto the OS. And delete TranslationBuddy if you have installed it.
It’s difficult to miss when the infection sets up as it will carry out various alterations to your browser. And if you didn’t voluntarily set it up, the changes will be especially unexpected. All main browsers could be affected, and that includes Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The toolbar will set you a different homepage, new tabs and search engine. These alterations cannot be undone unless you remove TranslationBuddy from your OS first. Advertisement web links might be mixed in with the legitimate results by the search engine, so refrain from using it. These kinds of toolbars exist to make traffic for web pages, thus they’re attempting to reroute you to them. You can be rerouted to malicious web pages, which could being about a malware infection. You must uninstall TranslationBuddy because not only will it not bring anything beneficial to you but it might also expose you to more serious threats.
Regard carefully before you pick to not delete TranslationBuddy since you might be endangering your system. Depending on how much knowledge you have about computers, you have a couple of options to select from if you opt to remove TranslationBuddy. You might pick to either use some anti-spyware application to abolish TranslationBuddy or do it by hand. Since the uninstallation utility would take care of everything and it would be quicker, we suggest you choose the former option. You would have to locate the contamination yourself if you opt for manual TranslationBuddy elimination.
Learn how to remove TranslationBuddy from your computer
Step 1. Manual TranslationBuddy Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove TranslationBuddy from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find TranslationBuddy and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate TranslationBuddy from browsers
a) Delete TranslationBuddy from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate TranslationBuddy
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove TranslationBuddy from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase TranslationBuddy and set a new search engine
c) TranslationBuddy removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove TranslationBuddy and set a new provider
d) Remove TranslationBuddy from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.