Advices on UC Browser Removal (Uninstall UC Browser)
UC Browser is a browser that presents itself as a tool that can improve users’ browsing experience. It is a tool that works on Android devices primarily, so it is not very likely that PC owners will ever have it installed on their devices. UC Browser claims that it saves mobile data by effectively compressing it, and it is the best browser that exists today, so it is not surprising that a number of people install it on their phones voluntarily. If you are one of these users, you should know that UC Browser is not what it seems to be.
According to specialists, it might be true that it is only used to collect information about users. Luckily, it should not be very hard to remove UC Browser from Android devices. You will find it explained more about the UC Browser removal in the following paragraphs of this article. Before we share the knowledge we have about its deletion with you, we will tell you more about UC Browser and why its deletion is so important.
What does UC Browser do?
UC Browser is extremely popular in China and India, but it seems that it is becoming more and more popular in western countries too, meaning that anyone might find it installed on their devices. Specialists do not say that this web browser does not work at all. Yes, it opens pages, but this does not make it immediately a trustworthy tool for surfing the web. Malware experts say that this browser might spy and steal data from phones. More specifically, several privacy and security issues have been detected: spies can record searches users perform when they are looking for specific information on the web, they can access data saved in a SIM card, and they can even access hardware identification numbers. Evidently, this might quickly result in serious problems to users. Do not be one of these users – just go to uninstall UC Browser from your phone or another device with Android OS until it is not too late.
Where does UC Browser come from?
The web browser UC Browser has an official website, so users can download and install it on their devices voluntarily. Of course, specialists believe that it can be downloaded from other places too, for example, P2P websites. Actually, it does not really matter where users get this tool from – they still need to implement the UC Browser removal as soon as possible to protect themselves from harm it might cause.
How can I delete UC Browser?
To remove UC Browser from their devices, users should access the applications manager, find this program in the list, and then press the Uninstall button. If it is too hard for you to access the manager yourself, use a scanner compatible with the Android OS. It will delete UC Browser for you. If it happens that a version for PCs is ever released and you discover it on your computer, remove it without consideration too. Keeping such an application installed might result in a number of problems, as you have been told in this article.
Learn how to remove UC Browser from your computer
Step 1. Manual UC Browser Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove UC Browser from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find UC Browser and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate UC Browser from browsers
a) Delete UC Browser from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate UC Browser
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove UC Browser from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase UC Browser and set a new search engine
c) UC Browser removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove UC Browser and set a new provider
d) Remove UC Browser from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.