What is Search Query Router?
Search Query Router falls into the category of browser hijackers and is very similar to its other members such as Search.kiboletshual.com, Search.loloitos.com, and more. The engine may be promoted as a useful search tool that can provide you with better search results, but its actual purpose is to make profit for its developers. That is why it not only alters your browser settings without your approval, but also exposes you to various ads, causes redirects to unknown websites, and takes other unwanted actions. Although the site itself does not differ much from legitimate search portals, we assure you, trusting it is not a good idea. If you wish to go back to your original settings, you will have to terminate Search Query Router.
How does Search Query Router work?
The main distribution method used by Search Query Router and other browser hijackers is bundling. The hijacker gets attached to free third party software and appears in its installation wizard as an additional offer. If you skip through the wizard, you agree to all optional offers unwittingly. That is how most computer users end up with potentially unwanted programs like adware and browser hijackers. You can avoid them moving forward by always installing freeware in the Advanced mode and deselecting all components that are unnecessary to you.
Once inside, the hijacker changes your browser settings by replacing your home page and default search engine with Search Query Router. The page presents you with a search box that will bring you sponsored results. Clearly, you will not be getting the most relevant links. On top of that, you will also encounter various adverts no matter where you go online. They will appear on your screen in the form of pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other types of ads. We suggest avoiding them as there is no way for you to know whether or not they are trustworthy. If you do not wish to risk your computer’s safety, you should stay away from all advertising data until you eliminate Search Query Router from your browsers.
How to remove Search Query Router?
You can erase Search Query Router manually or automatically. As it is not a malicious threat, manual Search Query Router removal should not be that complicated. You are welcome to use the instructions presented below the article, which explain how to delete Search Query Router related application and fix your browser preferences. Alternatively, you can go with the automatic removal option. If you use the anti-malware from our site, it will scan your system and detect all potential threats. The utility will terminate Search Query Router, its related app, and other unreliable components without any difficulty. In addition to that, the security software will stay useful to you in the future by protecting your PC from similar and more dangerous online parasites.Download Removal Toolto remove Search Query Router
Learn how to remove Search Query Router from your computer
- Step 1. Manual Search Query Router Removal Guide
- Step 2. Eliminate Search Query Router from browsers
Step 1. Manual Search Query Router Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
Step 2. Eliminate Search Query Router from browsers
a) Delete Search Query Router from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Search Query Router
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Search Query Router from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Search Query Router and set a new search engine
c) Search Query Router removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Search Query Router and set a new provider