What is Tgmgo.com?
Tgmgo.com falls into the category of browser hijackers, even though it may not look that much different from the legitimate search portals you may have used before. The hijacker’s main symptom is that it changes your browser settings and causes other unwanted modifications, most of which are aimed at promoting its sponsors. It may have entered your PC with the help of other freeware as the bundling method is usually how the hijackers spread online. You have no reason to keep the unnecessary modifications, because they do not benefit you in any way. The sooner you get rid of Tgmgo.com, the sooner you can go back to your usual uninterrupted online surfing.
How does Tgmgo.com work?
As we have already mentioned, the main symptom of the hijacker is that it alters your browser settings. This means that it switches your home page and default search engine to Tgmgo.com. The site contains a search box and links to various domains. If you make use of your new search tool, you will be presented with results that will include sponsored content. In addition to that, you will also see advertisements on other sites that you visit and you may get redirected to unfamiliar pages in the middle of your browsing for no apparent reason.
It is important for you to be aware of the fact that the ads shown to you by the hijacker are not checked by anyone. They could be fake and clicking on them could result in serious consequences. There are plenty of online scams aimed at making money off of computer users by tricking them into purchasing non-existent products, downloading harmful software onto their PCs, and more. If you wish to avoid these scams, you should stay away from all adverts until you terminate Tgmgo.com for good. Here is how you can do that.
How to remove Tgmgo.com?
There are two Tgmgo.com removal methods: manual and automatic. In order to delete Tgmgo.com manually, you will have to identify and uninstall its related application from your system. Only after doing that, will you be able to fix your browser settings. More detailed instructions on this removal method are provided below the article. Alternatively, you can erase Tgmgo.com automatically by using the malware prevention and removal tool from our site. It will scan your PC, detect all potential threats, and eliminate Tgmgo.com along with them. Moreover, having a powerful anti-malware utility on your computer has other benefits including real-time online protection, which will keep it safeguarded in the future.
Learn how to remove Tgmgo.com from your computer
Step 1. Manual Tgmgo.com Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove Tgmgo.com from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find Tgmgo.com and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate Tgmgo.com from browsers
a) Delete Tgmgo.com from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Tgmgo.com
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Tgmgo.com from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Tgmgo.com and set a new search engine
c) Tgmgo.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Tgmgo.com and set a new provider
d) Remove Tgmgo.com from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.