About this threat
My Quick Converter is categorized as a questionable browser extension that is set up together with free application. Contamination frequently occurs when you install free applications in Default settings, and if it manages to corrupt your machine, it will attach itself to your browser and change its’ settings. You will be led to strange web pages and will be exposed to many ads. This allows it to gain income so it’s only using you but not giving anything in return. These types of add-on aren’t categorized as malevolent themselves but they can still bring about not wanted results. You might end up with a serious malware contamination if you were rerouted to a infected page. You’re needlessly putting your OS in jeopardy, so you ought to abolish My Quick Converter.
How did the extension infect my PC
To put in simply, these kinds of add-ons implement freeware to spread. You might have decided to set it up as well since it is available on browser stores or official websites. But usually, they come as optional items that set up automatically together with the freeware, unless you do not let them. They do not even require your explicit permission to install as when you use Default mode, you essentially authorize them to install. You ought to pick Advanced or Custom settings so as to inspect for added offers. If you see something attached, installation is easily preventable by unchecking the boxes. You must always pay attention to how you install software since when you are not, all kinds of threats will be able to enter your OS. We encourage you to erase My Quick Converter, as you most likely did not even mean to set it up.
Why is My Quick Converter termination vital
You will get very little by authorizing the add-on to remain. They exist to generate revenue for web page owners and they may do that by leading you to their sites and showing you plenty of adverts. You will discover that as soon as you allow the plug-in to enter, your browser’s settings will be adjusted and some strange page will site to load instead of your usual home website. After that every time your browser is launched (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome), that web page will immediately load. And if you try to modify the settings back, the plug-in will be stopping you from doing it, so you will have to first uninstall My Quick Converter. Moreover, the plug-in will adjoin unknown toolbars to your browser, and ads may be filling your screen. These types of plug-ins are normally come across in Google Chrome but that isn’t necessarily the case all the time. Choosing to use the add-on might result in you being exposed to unsecure content, which is why you’re not recommended to use it. While these kinds of add-ons are not malevolent themselves, they may be capable of leading to a malware contamination. And that is why you should erase My Quick Converter.
My Quick Converter termination
You may select from automatic or by hand removal if you have opted to eliminate My Quick Converter. It would be easiest to get some anti-spyware software and have it take care of My Quick Converter uninstallation. If you wish to terminate My Quick Converter by hand, instructions will be displayed below.
Learn how to remove My Quick Converter from your computer
Step 1. Manual My Quick Converter Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove My Quick Converter from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find My Quick Converter and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate My Quick Converter from browsers
a) Delete My Quick Converter from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate My Quick Converter
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove My Quick Converter from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase My Quick Converter and set a new search engine
c) My Quick Converter removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove My Quick Converter and set a new provider
d) Remove My Quick Converter from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.