Yeabd66.cc is a browser hijacker that will make unwanted changes to your browser. It installs with your permission but without your knowledge. And that happens when you install freeware that has Yeabd66.cc attached to it. Fortunately, it’s not a malicious computer virus so you don’t have to worry about it damaging your computer directly. However, it might be able to expose you to some rather questionable content, which could lead to a malware infection. Yeabd66.cc will redirect you to sponsored websites because that is the primary reason why it exists. You won’t find it useful, so we suggest you remove Yeabd66.cc from your computer, before you reach the end of you patience.
Why should you delete Yeabd66.cc?
The reason Yeabd66.cc is on your computer is because you did not pay enough attention to how you installed freeware. If something is attached to the freeware you are installing, and you choose Default settings, you are basically giving all those added items the permission to install. And you don’t even know it. What you need to do is use Advanced (Custom) settings. You will then be able to control what gets installed and won’t have to worry about having to uninstall Yeabd66.cc or other kinds of unwanted items.
The first thing you will notice if Yeabd66.cc has infected your computer, is that it has set a new homepage, new tabs and search engine. The changes are made without your knowledge and you will not be able to change them back, unless you first uninstall Yeabd66.cc from your computer. The website looks quite legitimate so some users might not even think twice about it. It has a search engine that generates results via Genieo Yahoo, which means that it will insert an unnecessary amount of sponsored content into the results. It would not be surprising if you ended up on some completely unrelated website when search for something. This can be rather frustrating when you are actively looking for something. Instead of getting angry at Yeabd66.cc, you should use a legitimate search engine. One that would not redirect you to potentially unreliable websites where you could infect your computer with a malicious computer virus by chance. While quite rare, it can happen. This is why you are strongly suggested to delete Yeabd66.cc as soon as possible.
Yeabd66.cc removal should not cause problems if you use a reliable removal tool. If you do not have such a tool, you can also remove Yeabd66.cc manually. Users who opt for this method sometimes struggle because they cannot find what exactly they need to get rid of.
Learn how to remove Yeabd66.cc from your computer
Step 1. Manual Yeabd66.cc Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
c) Remove Yeabd66.cc from Mac OS X system
- Press the Go button located on the top left corner of the screen. Select Applications.
- Find Yeabd66.cc and any other questionable program. Right-click on it/them and press Move to Trash.
Step 2. Eliminate Yeabd66.cc from browsers
a) Delete Yeabd66.cc from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Yeabd66.cc
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Yeabd66.cc from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Yeabd66.cc and set a new search engine
c) Yeabd66.cc removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Yeabd66.cc and set a new provider
d) Remove Yeabd66.cc from Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select More (the three dots on the top right corner)
- Press Choose what to clear (it's placed below Clear browsing data).
- Select everything you want gone and press Clear.
- Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo) → Task Manager → Processes tab.
- Find Microsoft Edge and right-click on it. Choose Go to details.
- Right-click on every Microsoft Edge connected entries and chose End Task.