What is Yousearch.io?
Yousearch.io is a website presented for users as a search tool; however, users who encounter it should not expect that this search tool will somehow improve their web searching experience because it has been developed to promote third-party pages primarily. No, you will not see any pop-up advertisements coming from it, but if you use it for a longer time, you will definitely encounter sponsored search results.
These are search results which contain sponsored links. These links redirect to external pages. Undoubtedly, users will not find any relevant information on those websites, but there is a huge possibility to be exposed to the malicious content on these pages. Therefore, it is recommended to uninstall Yousearch.io and set in its place a brand-new reliable search engine.
What does Yousearch.io do?
If you are reading this article, you surely know one thing about Yousearch.io – it appears on all browsers as a homepage, default search tool, and, in some cases, the New Tab page. It will not ask your permission to do that, so it will be a surprise for you seeing it set. If you have read the first paragraph, you should know that the main goal of this website is to take users to external pages. It does that by providing users with the sponsored search results. If users click on these sponsored search results, they are automatically taken to different websites. We cannot guarantee that all these websites are good, so if you do not remove Yousearch.io soon, you might encounter problems. One of these problems which might arise is the entrance of malicious software. On top of that, problems associated with your online privacy might emerge too because this search tool itself might collect information to find more about users’ interests and, on top of that, these pages it promotes might do the same. What you can do about that is to implement the Yousearch.io removal to stop this from happening.
Where does Yousearch.io from?
Yousearch.io is a website that is called a browser hijacker due to its ability to show up on users’ browsers and make changes without permission. Users allow these threats to enter their computers by installing software from untrustworthy websites because browser hijackers usually travel bundled with free applications. You cannot undo the entrance of the Yousearch.io browser hijacker now, but you can make sure that the history does not repeat itself by installing security software. This must be done after the full Yousearch.io removal.
How do I delete Yousearch.io?
In some cases, undesirable search tools can be simply eliminated by changing browsers’ settings, but it is not always possible to do that because some browser hijackers install extensions and even hijack shortcuts of browsers. If you wish to delete Yousearch.io manually, start by checking if it is possible to change homepage, default search tool, and New Tab page settings. If you are not allowed to do that, go to remove Yousearch.io automatically. You just need to scan your computer with an anti-malware scanner.
Learn how to remove Yousearch.io from your computer
Step 1. Manual Yousearch.io Removal Guide
a) Uninstall from Windows 8/7/Vista
- Right-click on the lower left corner or click on Start
- Choose Control Panel from the list
- Select Uninstall a program
- Pick the unwanted application and click Uninstall
b) Uninstall from Windows XP
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel
- Click on Add or Remove Programs
- Choose the unwanted program and click Remove
Step 2. Eliminate Yousearch.io from browsers
a) Delete Yousearch.io from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and open Internet Options
- Overwrite your home page on the General tab
- Go back to the Gear icon and select Manage Add-ons
- In Toolbars and Extensions, delete unwanted add-ons
- In Search Providers, terminate Yousearch.io
- Pick a new search engine and click OK
b) Remove Yousearch.io from Google Chrome
- Click on Google Chrome menu
- Select More tools and go to Extensions
- Eliminate unwanted browser extensions
- Go to Settings and choose Open a specific page or set of pages
- Click on Set pages and choose a new home page
- Click Manage search engines under Search
- Erase Yousearch.io and set a new search engine
c) Yousearch.io removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons
- In Extensions, delete unwanted browser extensions
- Go back to the menu and select Options
- On the General tab, modify your home page
- On the Search tab, remove Yousearch.io and set a new provider